How to Make Virgin Coconut Oil
How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil Guide
To Make virgin coconut oil (VCO) that clear, with a fragrant aroma, and long-lasting, require a little experiences.
Basically, There are three ways to make virgin coconut oil as follows:
1. With Heating Proces
2. With Fermentation Proces
3. With add Inducement of Oil
How to make virgin coconut oil with heating proces.
Making processes VCO with heating is almost the same by making a traditional coconut oil. First, the coconut made milk by mixing 1 kg grated coconut with 2 liters of water. Coconut milk is then allowed to stand for approximately 12 hours. After settling, coconut milk will be divided into three layers. The first layer is called cream , the second layer scheme in the form of the protein, and the third layer is water.
The top layer in the form of cream taken clisenclok way so as not to mix with a solution of the second layer. Decision-cream can also be done by vacuuming using a small hose. Furthermore, the cream is heated to form oil.
Here is the process of heating the cream until it becomes virgin coconut oil.
• Insert the cream into heated skillet that has begun. Better to use a nonstick pan for easy cleaning.
• Frying pan used to cook the cream should not be used for other cooking oils that are made so that the scent is not affected.
• Use low heat and stir in cream slowly so as not to scorch and not brown.
• Stop heating if the separation has occurred blondo ( thick section / solid ) with oil.
• Then lift and be cold.
• Strain blondo of oil.
• Pres blondo that all the oil out. All oils obtained is still a crude oil.
• Reheat oil to obtain a more clear oil.
• If the oil is still contained within blondo, try to stay light brown and not burned.
• Strain the oil with a paper filter to obtain a clear oil. In addition to filtering, coconut oil can also be deposited for some time to obtain a clear oil on top.
• In this way, to get 1 liter of oil, requiring 10-15 coconuts.